- Spreading more wood chip in the Spinney areas
- Cutting back and move wood in the KS1 spinney area
- Completing the resurfacing of the allotment paths
- Cutting back and tidy-up the compost area
- Completing the new geology garden
- Painting the allotment shed
- and much more...
February saw a complete revamp of our composting area. Adults and children joined in with energy and enthusiasm to tear down, build, dig, weed and tidy the allotment area, surely one of the best features of our super school.
In January 2016, our working parties thinned the tree canopy at one end to allow more light to reach the ground and to promote more height diversity and the cut material made into a dead hedge, with the straightest poles now stacked and ready for use in den building.
In December 2015, parents and children got together to tidy up the allotment and begin work on making The Spinney more child-friendly.