Remote Learning - March 2021
This page contains activities for your child to complete whilst at home if they are self-isolating.
Common Exception Words
If your child has practised this week's spellings, then they should try reading all year 1 and 2 common exception words. Work on the ones they have found tricky together.
Once they are confident with reading them, have a go at spelling them. Try learning 5 a day!
This series of lessons follows fractions. Watch the videos for each individual lesson, pausing where necessary to complete the tasks.
- Lesson 1 - Relating halves and quarters to division
- Lesson 2 - Identifying the parts of a fraction
- Lesson 3 - Identifying half of a shape
- Lesson 4 - Identifying halves, thirds and quarters of shape
- Lesson 5 - Identifying fractions of shape with different numerators
We are exploring Persuasive Writing and are using the theme of 'Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle'.
- Literacy Tasks.pdf
- Alphabet Chart.pdf
- Phase 2 to 5 tricky words.pdf
- Phonics Sound Mat.pdf
- Writing to Persuade - Presentation.pptx
- Writing to Persuade - Word Mat.pdf
- Template for a leaflet.pdf
The tasks are explained in the first document - Curriculum Tasks. The expectation is that children would complete one per week, so please don't feel that you have to cover it all!
- Curriculum Tasks.pdf
- Art Duplication Warm Up Exercises.pdf
- famous leaders.pdf
- Jesus Feeds the 5000.ppt
- Jesus Heals a Blind Man.ppt
- Jesus Heals the Sick.ppt
- The Calling of the Fishermen.ppt
- reading thermometers.pdf
Reading extra: Oxford Reading Tree offer free e-books. Once you've created a free account, your child will be able to read the books for their book band level.