Year 3 - w/b 13th July
PLEASE NOTE A CHANGE TO EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND VIRTUAL SPORTS PHOTOS AND SCORE CARDS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Learning – Year 3
Monday 13th July – Friday 17th July
Please see below and attached the overview of the Year 3 tasks for the coming week
Ongoing Daily Tasks:
- Reading Time (20 minutes)
- Times Tables Rockstars (15 minutes) www.ttrockstars.com
- Spelling List work (10 minutes)
(We are aware that daily spelling work is challenging for some children and so have added this week's spellings as an 'optional' activity for you to use as appropriate at home.)
As well as the ‘Daily Tasks’, please ensure you also complete…
- Five Maths tasks
- The English writing task
- The Science task
- Two of the tasks from the 'Other Curriculum' selection
Times table catch up. Use your time this week to go over your times tables knowledge. Make sure you have mastered 2, 5 and 10. Then move on to 3, 4 and 8.
A guide to Year 3 English
- This week we would like you to write a review of a book you have read recently. Write the title of the book and the author. Talk about the main events and what you liked about it. Was there a character that you particularly liked or disliked? What made it a good story to read? Who would you recommend it to? How many stars out of 5 would you give it? You can use the book review template to help you.
Please see attached sheet using your weekly spellings for handwriting practise.
The Boy Who Biked the World
Chapters 14 and 15: https://youtu.be/3zMI8K4jsxI
Selection of two tasks from the challenges below.
- Art and Design – See separate sheet for some Art ideas
- Topic – Plan a journey. Where in the world would you like to visit?
- Outdoor Learning - See separate sheet for some Outdoor learning tasks
- P.E – See instructions to have your very own virtual sports day
- PSHE – The following lessons will be emailed to you and are to cover Year 3 PSHE for the rest of the term.
LO: To explain how illnesses can spread and what I can do to try and reduce germs spreading.
Please also look out for the 'Welcome to Year 4' Presentation in our resources this week, which includes a task to do over the summer for your new teachers.
From all of the Year 3 team, well done on some truly fantastic home learning. We are so proud of you! Now have a brilliant rest over the summer holidays. You have earnt it!
Mrs Turner, Mr Henson, Mrs Pitt and Mrs Thompson.
- A Guide to Year 3 English.pdf
- Spellings 13.07.20.docx
- Handwriting wb 13.7.2020.pdf
- Maths wb 13.7.2020.pdf
- SPICY Times-tables-challenge.pdf
- SUPER SPICY Times-tables-missing-numbers-challengE.pdf