Year 3 - w/b 29th June
Weekly Learning – Year 3
Monday 29th June – Friday 3rd July
Please see below and attached the overview of the Year 3 tasks for the coming week
Ongoing Daily Tasks:
- Reading Time (20 minutes)
- Times Tables Rockstars (15 minutes) www.ttrockstars.com
- Spelling List work (10 minutes)
(We are aware that daily spelling work is challenging for some children and so have added this week's spellings as an 'optional' activity for you to use as appropriate at home.)
As well as the ‘Daily Tasks’, please ensure you also complete…
- Five Maths tasks
- The English writing task
- The Science task
- Two of the tasks from the 'Other Curriculum' selection
Right angles and turns, horizontal and vertical, perpendicular and parallel lines.
Writing a newspaper report
This week you will write a newspaper report all about Tom’s journey to Africa so far.
The comprehension work is attached as follows – remember you only need to choose one text to have a go at.
- Wimbledon – differentiated Y3 level comprehension texts
- Hedgehogs – comprehension text for emerging readers (Y2 level)
Please see attached sheet using your weekly spellings for handwriting practise.
The Boy Who Biked the World
Chapters 9 and 10: https://youtu.be/8HG2QhwbSRA
Week 6: Concave and Convex Mirrors
LO: To investigate how images change in concave and convex mirrors
1. Open the presentation and introduce the words ‘concave’ and ‘convex’. Use a spoon to demonstrate how your child’s image is different either side of the spoon.
2. Next, work through the presentation. Use the examples on the presentation to think of a question that you would like to find the answer to about concave and convex mirrors. Fill in the activity sheet. If you cannot print it, then copy it into your book. Choose the level of challenge that is right for you (Mild/Medium/Spicy). You can use a spoon for the concave and convex mirrors. It has the same effect!
3. Once you have completed the experiment and answered your question, continue to work through the presentation. Support your child to talk about concave and convex mirrors.
Challenge: Draw ray diagrams for concave and convex mirrors to show how the light is reflected differently from each mirror.
Selection of two tasks from the challenges below.
- Art and Design – see separate sheet and resources for art challenges to have a go at.
- Geography – The River Nile. As Tom makes his way down this amazing river in Egypt, you are going to create a ‘Guide to the River Nile’ for anyone who is planning to explore and travel Egypt!
- Outdoor Learning - 'Step into Summer'. New challenges to have a go at in your garden or on your daily walks.
- PSHE – The following lessons will be emailed to you and are to cover Year 3 PSHE for the rest of the term.
L.O. To recognise that each body is different, and to understand that our bodies are special because they are unique.
- IT Tick Tock Clock Challenge. Make the clock tick and chime using the timer command.
Find the task in your 2do section. Save it in 2do/Tick tock clock challenge
- ENGLISH wb 29.6.2020.pdf
- Newspaper Writing Template.pdf
- Features of a Newspaper Report PowerPoint.pptx
- Roman Coin Newspaper Article Example.pdf
- Back To Earth With A Bump Newspaper Article Example.pdf
- Lottery Win Newspaper Article Example.pdf
- Tuesday 5 W's Opening Paragraph.pdf
- Maths wb 29.6.2020.pdf
- Lesson Presentation Angles in 2D Shapes and Turns.ppt
- MONDAY Activity Sheet Right Angle Fish.pdf
- MONDAY Activity Sheet Right Angles in 2D Shapes.pdf
- EXT MONDAY Recognise Right Angles in Shapes.pdf
- EXT MONDAY Answers - Recognise Right Angles in Shapes.pdf
- TUESDAY Lesson Presentation Different Types of Lines.ppt
- TUESDAY Activity Sheet Letter Sort.pdf
- EXT TUESDAY Parallel and Perpendicular Lines.pdf
- EXT TUESDAY ANSWERS Parallel and Perpendicular Lines.pdf
- WEDNESDAY Lesson Presentation Comparing Angles.ppt
- WEDNESDAY Activity Sheet Comparing Angles.pdf
- WEDNESDAY Activity Sheet Clock Angles.pdf
- EXT WEDNESDAY Compare Angles.pdf
- EXT WEDNESDAY Answers Compare Angles.pdf
- THURSDAY Lesson Presentation Right Angles in Turns.ppt
- THURSDAY Activity Sheet Turning Maze.pdf
- THURSDAY Activity Sheet Turns LA.pdf
- THURSDAY Activity Sheet Turns MA.pdf
- THURSDAY Activity Sheet Turns HA.pdf
- EXT THURSDAY Turns and Angles.pdf
- EXT THURSDAY Answers Turns and Angles.pdf