Year 6 - w/b 29th June
- Reading (at least 30 minutes). Make sure you are reading regularly. Have you changed your book recently? Have you tried a book from a different genre? Read a poem? Looked up some non-fiction?
- Times Tables Rockstars - if you need to learn multiplication tables
- Use the year 6 weblinks to learn, play and revise different topics in a variety of subjects.
- Maths 5-a-day On Monday, start with June 29th and complete one every day for the rest of the week. The answers are on the site; ask an adult to mark it for you. Check you are still doing the right level for you. It shouldn't be too easy, nor too hard!
Remember year 6 standards - neat work, joined handwriting, careful and thoughtful presentation.
We would rather you do a few things each day well than rush through all of them.
Tasks to complete over the week:
Spelling: Try the word wheel challenge below.
PSHE: Click here for BBC Bitesize resources on going to Secondary school. Check out your new school's web site this week.
Year 6 Podcast
We would really like to have as many of you contributing to the podcast as possible.
- The sharing video will be played to music so any sound on your video won't be heard.
- Can we see who you are? In the videos and pictures, this needs to be the most important thing.
- Smiling, waving or doing a little dance are all good things to do. Some teachers have already sent in their videos.
- Please make your videos 5 seconds at the longest and landscape. We need your smile and wave (a little dance if you want to) to last for around 3 seconds with a second either side to help with the editing.
- Please send photos and videos to Y6@elystjohns.cambs.sch.uk
- Information about the time and date of the presentation will follow in a latter email.
- White Rose Lesson 2 - Calculating ratio.pdf
- White Rose Lesson 1 - Introducing the ratio symbol.pdf
- White Rose Lesson 1 Answers - Introducing the ratio symbol.pdf
- White Rose Lesson 3 - Using scale factors.pdf
- White Rose Lesson 2 Answers - Calculating ratio.pdf
- White Rose Lesson 3 Answers - Using scale factors.pdf
- White Rose video links Year-6-Summer-Week-10.pdf
- White Rose Lesson 4 - Ratio and proportion problems.pdf
- White Rose Lesson 4 Answers - Ratio and proportion problems.pdf