Ely St John’s
Art Curriculum Vision
Principles of our curriculum:
- to engage, inspire and challenge our pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment and create their own works of art.
- to provide all children with the opportunity to express themselves imaginatively, celebrating our diversity and developing their understanding of, and response to, the world around them.
- to develop a deeper understanding of art and design, considering the impact it has on contemporary life, and that of different times and cultures.
Impact of our Curriculum:
- Children will produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences. They will be able to use a range of different materials creatively eg clay and textiles, to design and make their products.
- Children will develop their skills of art and design techniques by learning specific drawing, painting and sculpture techniques. They will be able to evaluate and analyse their creative works using the language of art, craft and design.
- They will learn about a diverse range of artists, craft makers and designers.
- They will enjoy art being taught as an individual subject as well as being incorporated into learning in other curriculum areas.