FS Blog 2019-2020
Just for Fun!
The Easter break is a time to put learning aside and focus on play and having fun. We know that the holiday this year is likely to be quite different to what we were expecting so we have put together a list of activity ideas for you to dip into if you need some inspiration or are looking for something new that your child can do independently whilst you are working from home. They are NOT home learning, they are just for fun, if you would like to have a go at some!
the EYFS Team
Ideas for indoors
- Share some happy news then create your own happy newspaper. https://thehappynewspaper.com
- Take a virtual tour of the Natural History Museum (click on the orange person icon to enter). https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/natural-history-museum
- Put on a fashion show using clothes from everyone's wardrobes. Have prizes for the most colourful outfit, silliest outfit, smartest outfit, etc.
- Have a movie marathon.
- Build a den.
- Create art in the style of the Australian artist Pete Cromer using his free printables. https://www.petecromer.com/product-category/products/printable/
- Find some interesting colouring and craft activities created by independent artists around the UK. Miss Lloyd's favourite is the penguin colouring sheet! https://indieroller.com/blog/round-up-crafting-and-colouring-in-during-covid-19/
Ideas for in the garden
- Build an obstacle course.
- Gardening! Plant seeds, clear weeds, decorate garden furniture.
- Create a mud kitchen. All you need to get started is a small patch of mud, some pots and spoons and old clothes.
Ideas for on a walk
- See how many rainbows, sunshines and bears you can spot in windows. You could award them imaginary trophies e.g. brightest rainbow, fluffiest bear, etc.
- Find the letters in your name on car registration plates.