Principles of our Curriculum:
- To sing and use their voices individually and in a group
- To create and compose music on their own and with others
- To use technology appropriately when composing
- To have opportunities to learn a musical instrument
- To understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated
- To listen to, review and evaluate the work of great composers and musicians from a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions
- To enjoy and have an appreciation of a range of different musical styles e.g. Classical, Jazz, Hip Hop, Pop, Rock etc.
- To use and understand musical language and include musical features in their own work
- To make judgements about the quality of music
- To have opportunities to play a wide variety of instruments
- To have different opportunities to take part in performances
Impact of our Curriculum:
Children will have access to a varied programme, which allows them to discover areas of strength, as well as areas they might like to improve upon.
Through the teaching of music, pupils will access fundamental abilities such as: achievement, self-confidence, interaction with and awareness of others, and self-reflection.
Children’s music knowledge will also develop an understanding of culture and history, both in relation to students individually, as well as ethnicities from across the world.
Children are able to enjoy music, in as many ways as they choose- either as listener, creator or performer.
Through ensembles, choir, assemblies and group performances, children will have the opportunity to play and perform together. We celebrate each other’s talents, and we seek opportunities in the community to come together to perform.